Saturday 7 May 2016

Mornington Peninsula - Part 2

There was so much to do and see at Mornington that I had to split this over two blog posts. There have been a few other places where I could have done this too but didn't, but I guess Mornington gets two posts because I have lots to say and lots of photos to share.

Heronswood Garden
For those into organic gardening, heirloom seeds or just beautiful gardens, I am sure  you have heard of The Diggers Club. Heronswood is home to The Diggers Club and, as a former member and buyer of  their seeds, I was very keen to see the garden. I enjoyed this peaceful, serene break from the busy times we've been having. Greg looked after the kids as they explored the garden, leaving me to wander and enjoy at my leisure. It sure was bliss! I loved the beautiful gardens, the specimen trees and most importantly (for me), their different vegetable/edible gardens. I am inspired by what I saw and look forward to getting home and rebuilding my veggie garden and planting other, decorative gardens. I have so many ideas and thoughts swirling in my mind now.



 Mountain Ash specimen tree


 Part of the Mini Plot

Funky looking (Dr Suess reminding) plants

The Beach Huts
The foreshore for most of the Peninsula is dotted with these very retro, very cool looking beach huts.



Rye Adventure Playground
I'm not sure what it is about Victoria but it seems to have so many amazing, interesting and fun playgrounds for kids. The one at Rye is definitely worth the visit.






No comments:

Post a Comment